24-25 JULY 2021
LOWER FARM, SKILLINGTON
- Redmoon Overland Equipment announced as Dog Show sponsorsRedmoon Overland Equipment are pleased to sponsor the Classic Land Rover Gathering Dog Show, with some great prizes for Best […]
- Explmore LtdExplmore presents – www.returnofalegend.com – A special project dedicated to fulfilling a promise to complete a full restoration of a […]
- Boxed Drinks Ltd.HOW DID IT ALL START? With over 20 years experience in retail management, Rob Elliott decided to go it alone […]
- Leafers OverlandLEAFERS OVERLAND – ‘old skool’ camping featuring some interesting Land Rovers and their owners who are ready to chat about […]
- Your chance to be a VIP …We are pleased to announce that every customer who purchases an advance ticket to the Gathering before 16th July 2021 […]
- Creating Artwork LiveSee Classic Land Rover magazine contributor Lousie Limb creating one of these stunning artwork pieces live at the event.
About the Gathering
In view of the fact that it is looking like events may resume this year, I thought I’d tell you a bit about the Classic Land Rover Gathering that Classic Land Rover magazine is hosting in Lincolnshire over the weekend of July 23-25.
The Covid-19 pandemic has meant a change of dates and venue but, restrictions permitting, the 2021 Classic Land Rover Gathering will be taking place at Lower Farm, Skillington, NG33 5HF over the weekend of July 23-25. It’s handy for access from the A1 at Colsterworth and is just a short distance south of Grantham so easily accessed from the A607 Grantham to Melton Mowbray road.
The venue is a working farm so the Gathering will be a relaxed and traditional sort of Land Rover event with a nostalgic and vintage feel. This means that there won’t be monster trucks and laser shows but there will be on-site camping, facilities like showers and loos, relevant club and trade stands, free to enter line-ups of Land Rovers and prizes aplenty – not just for the shiniest either – alongside traditional attractions like a dog show, tug of war, a gentle on-site off-road course, as well as a bar and entertainment in the barn.
Alongside this, there will be talks and film shows, maintenance workshops, demonstrations, and the chance to meet friends and many of the magazine’s freelancers.
I’m also pleased to say that one thing that will take place on Saturday at no extra cost to holders of day or weekend tickets, is a presentation from Colonel John Blashford-Snell CBE about the 1971-72 British Trans Americas Expedition – often better known as the ‘Darien Gap expedition’ – that is marking its 50th anniversary this year.
More details will follow as things are confirmed but I just wanted to tell you about what is looking like being a great weekend event. We are keeping the costs down and children are free so pile them, the dog and your tent in your old Land Rover and come along for a relaxed fun weekend
Any tickets purchased for the 2020 event which have not been reimbursed will obviously remain valid for 2021 and tickets are now back on sale. We hope you will join us in July.
If you have any queries regarding the event, please get in touch with the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Editor, Classic Land Rover magazine