24-25 JULY 2021
LOWER FARM, SKILLINGTON
- More Club Stands booked inWe are pleased to let you know that Club Stand bookings are increasing and these now include the Land Rover […]
- Guest Speaker – Colonel John Blashford-Snell CBEWe are excited to announce Colonel John Blashford-Snell CBE will be at the Classic Land Rover Gathering 2021on SATURDAY to […]
- 1960s Land Rover Special Projects DisplayWe are attempting to recreate this iconic display of Special Project Land Rovers at the Gathering and already have examples […]
- Peterborough Volunteer Fire BrigadeLand Rover 88 inch Forward Control Fire Appliance. Peterborough Volunteer Fire Brigade is a registered charity, started in 1884. It […]
- 1-Ton 109″Land-Rovers 1968-77One of the rarest production Land-Rovers, with only about 700 manufactured, about 60 survive of which only 10-12 are still […]
- Green Line MedicalWe hope we don’t need to call on these guys, but in the theme of the Gathering, we have arranged […]
About the Gathering
In view of the fact that it is looking like events may resume this year, I thought I’d tell you a bit about the Classic Land Rover Gathering that Classic Land Rover magazine is hosting in Lincolnshire over the weekend of July 23-25.
The Covid-19 pandemic has meant a change of dates and venue but, restrictions permitting, the 2021 Classic Land Rover Gathering will be taking place at Lower Farm, Skillington, NG33 5HF over the weekend of July 23-25. It’s handy for access from the A1 at Colsterworth and is just a short distance south of Grantham so easily accessed from the A607 Grantham to Melton Mowbray road.
The venue is a working farm so the Gathering will be a relaxed and traditional sort of Land Rover event with a nostalgic and vintage feel. This means that there won’t be monster trucks and laser shows but there will be on-site camping, facilities like showers and loos, relevant club and trade stands, free to enter line-ups of Land Rovers and prizes aplenty – not just for the shiniest either – alongside traditional attractions like a dog show, tug of war, a gentle on-site off-road course, as well as a bar and entertainment in the barn.
Alongside this, there will be talks and film shows, maintenance workshops, demonstrations, and the chance to meet friends and many of the magazine’s freelancers.
I’m also pleased to say that one thing that will take place on Saturday at no extra cost to holders of day or weekend tickets, is a presentation from Colonel John Blashford-Snell CBE about the 1971-72 British Trans Americas Expedition – often better known as the ‘Darien Gap expedition’ – that is marking its 50th anniversary this year.
More details will follow as things are confirmed but I just wanted to tell you about what is looking like being a great weekend event. We are keeping the costs down and children are free so pile them, the dog and your tent in your old Land Rover and come along for a relaxed fun weekend
Any tickets purchased for the 2020 event which have not been reimbursed will obviously remain valid for 2021 and tickets are now back on sale. We hope you will join us in July.
If you have any queries regarding the event, please get in touch with the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Editor, Classic Land Rover magazine